With theUS-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, California Regional Chapter
Internship with the US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, California Regional Chapter
The United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce (USMCOC), incorporated in 1973 as a non-profit corporation, is a chartered bi-national organization that promotes trade and investment among the two American nations. The Chamber represents more than 1,000 businesses in the United States and Mexico, and maintains offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, Dallas, New York, Denver, Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, Monterrey, Mexico City, Guadalajara and Aguascalientes.
The California Regional Chapter, with headquarters in Los Angeles sponsors a busy agenda of seminars, conferences and presentations by distinguished leaders in business, government and industry. Presentation topics range from import and export tactics, industrial challenges in Mexico, advances in technology affecting trade, economic updates, banking and taxes, sales techniques, and more. All of the chapter’s activities are designed to improve communication, cooperation, and understanding among the businesses and governments in the United States and Mexico.
The California Regional Chapter, opened in 1980, was the first regional office after the creation of national offices in Washington, D.C., and Mexico City.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Director with daily administrative matters such as:
- Respond to inquiries from members
- Answer emails and requests
- Assist with the coordination & creation of events:
- Assist Executive Director with the coordination of events
- Follow up invitations to recruiting speakers,
- Invite attendees to events and coordinate master list.
- Registration and logistics
- Assist in the location of securing sponsorship and in-kind donations,
- Preparation of reports after the event
- Sales and Promotion Assistance in recruiting New Members:
- Creation of promotional package for each potential member
- Follow up with potential members
- Update Website, Facebook and LinkedIn:
- Update New Events
- Add New Members
- Welcome New Member